Sunday 9 February 2014

The longer you leave it, the harder it gets

Oh dear, it seems to be the same old tune here.... far too long between posts.... but hello anyway and a happy New Year to you!   I haven't even managed to get a post done in January, now we're in February and I am woefully late in sharing some beautiful Christmas swap gifts made for me by my lovely friend Leanne.  We did three swaps last year, Easter, our birthdays and Christmas, and it seems Leanne knows me so well, even though we've never met!!

Leanne made me this beautiful Christmas wallhanging with a redwork stitchery, it is gorgeous, and was admired by everyone who visited us at Christmas, truth be told I have now moved it to hang in my sewing room, it's far too pretty to only have on display at Christmas time!  And of course it's in one of my fave fabrics 'Scrumptious'.


She also made me this sweet little pin pillow... isn't it cute with the little orange flower..... and a cute pattern and magnetic closure to make a little hexagon purse.  Thank you so much Leanne for another great swap.....  xx
   



This is what I sent to Leanne, a Thimble Blossoms mini Spools quilt and a journal, both in Scrumptious fabric(both of us using the same fabric was not planned, but great minds think alike!!)


And now tilt your head to the left, this is the journal, a Melly and Me kit, and some Tilda braid I sent.  For the life of me I can not get this photo to stay turned around the right way in Blogger!


I have done almost no sewing in January, and February hasn't started much better, I am heading to the sewing room this afternoon to make the binding for my Scrappy Trip quilt, I really want to get that baby finished, and soon!  As usual January has been crazy busy on the farm, so much stock work to be done, and I am only now catching up on the several hundred blog posts I was behind on reading.  I have missed the signup deadline for OPAM for 2014, but I'm still going to try and get something done each month anyway..... last year was my best year for finishes in a long time, I think the Stitch-Along projects being small each month helped my cause.  So here's hoping 2014 will be a good stitching year for me..... hope you're finding some 'you' time too..... Nicky x


26 comments:

Melody said...

Such beautiful gifts.

Schulz Family said...

I had just been thinking yesterday that I had not seen a post from you for ages. Summers are busy times in NZ!! especially on a farm. I love the spool quilt. Well done getting any sewing done at all!

Susan said...

Hi Nicky. Lovely swap goodies, your little spools quilt is divine. Nice to see you back.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicky what a wonderful swap you ladies are both very clever and love all the items you have both made,what a happy swap.xx

Noela said...

Gorgeous gifts in your swap. Guess this year is going to go as fast as last year. We can only hope it may slow down a little. What are the chances that might happen LOL. Hugs....

Christine M said...

All the gifts are lovely. That's funny how you both used Scrumptious!

Terry said...

Everything looks wonderful! I love that little spools quilt! :0)

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Always good to read your posts, try rotating the pic 90degrees in the folder on your computer, then reload it. It might work, I had that trouble once before. For the life of me though I can't remember if it worked or not!
The mini quilts are lovely

Leeanne said...

From all your comments.....you can guess you were missed! But our blogs are just a small part of our lives.......NOT our whole lives!
great presents, both given & received.

Deb said...

Gorgeous swap gifts Nicky. Love your mini spool quilt, that is sublime. I am a bit of a lover for those fabrics also.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful gifts. Hugs, xx

Helen said...

Beautiful gifts both ways !

Vickie said...

What a fantastic swap! My favorite thing is the mini spools quilt. Good job. =)

Carol said...

So nice to see your lovely post, Nicky! I tend to procrastinate when blogging, too--not sure why!

Love your exchange and that mini spools quilt you made for Leanne is especially cute :)

Ali Honey said...

Thanks for your comment and recipe link.
It sounds like you are as busy as we are. January just vanished.
Love your cute little pin cushion.
Hoping for the odd sewing time for both of us.

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Hi Nicky
I adore your cotton reel quilt and those 'Scrumptious' fabrics are gorgeous! I want to get some to make something for my granddaughters!!!

My local patchwork shop is called Patchwork Passion at Onehunga - the problem is when I go into their shop I want to buy everything!!!
I need to go with a list and stick to it!!

I couldn't find the pattern for the journal cover - can you point me in the right direction please Nicky (only if you get a minute)!!!

I know you said you are busy with stock work on the farm at the mo!

Shane

Annie said...

Such great exchange pieces. You two really do have similar tastes. Your spools are so cool.

That Hexie purse kit looks interesting. Hope you find the time to sew it up and show it.

For the photos, I found the setting in my camera that would not encode any automatic rotation into the photo. I thenuse a photo editor to rotate any that I need to before uploading. That solved the blogger issue for me.

Raewyn said...

Scrumptious gifts Nicky - from each side of the ocean. I'm sure you will get into a sewing groove once the time is right - guess your summer has had lots of distractions :-)

Grethe said...

Lovely presents, received and given, lovely purple ornament and your spool wall quilt :-) Nice reading some posts back ,good luck on the farming, Nicky!

Tatkis said...

Wonderful gifts, both sent and received, spool quilt is so cute!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Lynda said...

Such lovely presents Nicky. Sometimes that's just how life is.

Wendy said...

Lovely gifts both ways, your little spool quilt is gorgeous. I totally get the difficulties with blogging and it does seem harder the longer you leave it!!

Unknown said...

Now following through Google. I love that little quilt with the spools. It's adorable!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Gorgeous Nicky...the mini spools is adorable - head sidesways, yep that works! stoopid blogger...and Leanne's gifts are just gorgeous too...hope you get lots of finishes on the board for 2014...

A Consuming Passion said...

I'm so pleased to read I'm not the only one way behind.......Sadly my 'sewing block' goes much further back than December last year!!!! I love your swap items and that fabric is just so pretty....perfect for the cooler days ahead! How a wonderful sewing year.

Michelle said...

hi Nicky, I am just the same, have only just posted my second post for the year! We have been busy on the farms also! Love the gift you made and the one you received! The spool is my favourite thou! Hope you get time for some sewing-if you are like me-I really miss it!
Michelle.

Related Posts with Thumbnails